LoL - Dear Journal LoL - Dear Journal

I stumbled across this one today and I was pleasantly surprised. The animation has an atmospheric quality to it, and the music compliments it in a great manner. The animation quality might not be top notch yet, but the story angle and execution is done in a very fine manner, and I am very curious what fine works we will see when this animator lives up to the potential he shows now.

Rixian responds:

Love on the Beach 2 Love on the Beach 2

You did a good job on creating a satyre or parody (I am not sure which one).
Anyway, you played some well-known cliches in an entertaining way, together with some nice original jokes.

High Schoolers High Schoolers

The animation and the voices are alright, but the storyline is just a silly series of loosely connected overused slapsticks. Perhaps you have exagerated two or three of these slapsticks to previously unreached heights, but that does not make it more original or entertaining. The skill for animation and design does hold a lot of potential, and it is a shame to see it wasted on poopjokes. I do believe that you are one of the more skilled animators on NG, and you have the talent to do better things.

Samination responds:

Yes, it was all poop jokes.

George Lucas' Farewell George Lucas' Farewell

This is a good product of original thought. I like how you tried to defend his point of view, and portrayed George Lucas a more approachable human being, rather than a straw man or punch-bag.
It is concise, direct and realistic. Good job

Epexsus Episode 1 Epexsus Episode 1

The animation is decent, but the plot was rather predictable, the characters are rather cliche and they all look alike. You have potential as an animator, but your story just lacks originality, depth, dimension and maybe a bit of deviation as well.

I'd love to see the second part however, but I do hope that the animation will have a more original plot, something more distinguished, and less alike anime.

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

My friend, this is the best animation I have seen in years. The story was good enough to become a classic novel, the style is very unique and distinctive, and the symbolism was clear withouth being painfully obvious. The people that live miserable lives and keep chasing after commercial dreams, the masked White society, the beautiful girls that only exist in advertising, the avoidance of reallive-problems, all of these painfull elements are already parts of our day-to-day life. Sometimes it takes an artist to exagerate these elements in a satire, in order to make it painfully obvious that they're there.

Contemplate Life Contemplate Life

Inspiring, even for atheists

First off, I'd like to say that I'm an atheist like all the cool kids in class, that being said, let's start the reviewing.

The concept, the core of this animation, is good, it's thought through well, the texts are well-written, the build-up is good, the symbolism fits, the development throughout the animation is well done, all with all, the concept is exceptional among internet-standards.

The product, the animation/illustration/audio of this animation, is reasonable, it's not exceptional, the illustrations were nothing too new and the animations were a bit stretched, but the animations did not distract too much from the narranation. In fact, the animations strengthened the narranation. Even though the product, the execution of the concept, so to say, was not that smooth, the concept and the augmented values of this animation compencated for this.

The augmented values, that is, the style, the message, the atmosphere and the other inconcrete values of this animation, were exceptional. Just like the Bible, this animation had a very methaphorical and direct style, reaching directly to the listener/watcher of this medium. Just like the Bible, the message is open en acceptable to Catholics and non-Catholics alike. Just like in the Bible, the animation contains many truths distilled to single sentences, for example "You need only to seek the one who gives freely", or "You will go to hell in your own strength", even the concept of God could be interpreted freely in this animation.
All these augmented values make this an inspiring animation.

Good work bro, now I'm going to watch it again.

nahtanojmal responds:

Thanks

- Spider - - Spider -

Good work.

It reminds me a bit of Franz Kafka's Transformation, but basicly shorter.
I like it, it was not as rushed as other flashes but not as long as to bore me.
The plot is very simple, and could be a bit better though. The accents and dialogues are well-done though.

[S] Cascade. [S] Cascade.

great

I got no idea what I just saw but I like it and I'm going to find out.
Or perhaps I don't, some movies are more impressive when not understood.
Anyway, this was a movie of superlatives and I was impressed (and still am) by it's pace, it's details, it was just great!

Goblin Invasion Goblin Invasion

Entertaining

I like the jokes, everything is just dripping with sarcasm, joking satiricly at rpgs and medieval/fantasy movies and games.
You've got quite your own style with the design and the humor, but are not trying to force it, wich makes it all look quite unique yet natural.
All with all, I'd like to see more of ya.

maxvm responds:

I'll get on the case with something new, then!